Legendary Côte d’Azur, also called the French riviera, is the setting of numerous high society dramas, James Bond-type movies, and upper class festivals! The French mediterranean coast boasts with luxury, marinas, fancy restaurants, casinos and promenades. The weather is nice, and the audience is international. Millionaires and their yachts are cruising up and down the coast line between Saint Tropez and Monte Carlo, while gardeners groom the English gardens around their villas. Tourists flock on the beaches and boulevards, while film stars are magnetically attracted by the various film festivals in Cannes.
Many of the towns have business, convention or research centers. You can’t avoid meeting there for long, with many international standardization bodies maintaining offices around Nice.
Marine leisure, fashion, beach life, mountaineering and canyoning, art and music festivals, fishing and French cuisine are waiting for you. You can take a look at Picasso’s works in Antibes, or at Miró’s weirder sculptures in Saint-Paul-de-Vence. Southern French glass artwork is on display & sale in Biot.
If you haven’t been to Côte d’Azur, then you haven’t traveled at all.
Available locations on ABC4Trip
- Côte d’Azur on Google Maps
- Visit Cannes, the location of the famous Cannes film festival.
- Get a glimps into Europe’s grand canyon – the Verdon gorge! It offers various view points on the rim road, hiking trails down in the canyon, and climbing walls with several hundred meters of plain air under your back side!
- The Mercantour Mountains national park offers 3000m peaks, and many cottages and scenic hikes.
- Pack your snorkeling kit and explore the red cliffs and small beaches of Pointe de l’Aiguille near Théoule-sur-Mer.
- Visit the Château de la Napoule. It hosts a fancy park and garden,sculptures, and a tea house with a balcony to the sea.